Terms and Conditions
- This Website is operated and wholly owned by Simon Simpson (“us” or “we”). By accessing cbt-surrey.co.uk or cbt-surrey.co.uk (referred to as “the Website” or the “Site”) you (referred to also as the “purchaser” or “user”) are agreeing to be legally bound by these terms. These Terms and Conditions (also, “Agreement”) may be updated by us occasionally without notice to you. You should review the Website regularly for changes to these terms.
- This Website is intended for educational purposes only. The audio recordings and information on the Website should never be used as a substitute for medical advice or medical treatment. Nothing offered on or offline is intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease or disorder of any kind. If you are in any doubt over a health or emotional issue, you should seek the advice of your GP or health professional.
- You must be 18 years of age or have parental consent before using this Website, or any of the products or services.
- You must always follow the guidance notes and advice accompanying any downloads or content on the Site. When listening to downloaded audio recordings, you must be in a place where you can safely relax and sleep. Never listen to the audio recordings whilst driving or operating machinery or whilst engaged in any activity that requires your attention.
Permitted use of audio downloads:
- By purchasing any hypnosis downloads via the Site you shall be entitled to:
- download the audio recording as a digital file onto a single computer or by any other means agreed between us from time to time;
- save a copy of the audio download onto a CD, tape, mini-disc, MP3 player or onto the hard drive of your computer;
- use the audio download by listening to it for your own personal use in accordance with any instructions given to you by us.
- You must not use any content of the Site or audio downloads for any commercial purpose.
- We reserve the right to suspend the Site at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons. We may terminate your use of the Site with immediate effect if you breach any of these terms. If you are purchasing hypnosis downloads as a consumer, nothing in these terms shall be deemed to have affected your statutory rights.
Delivery of audio downloads
- When you purchase any of our downloads, delivery is instantaneous. Once you have finalised the payment process, no refund can be given.
- We cannot offer technical support for downloading or playing the audio files. We cannot be held liable for any faults or malfunctions in the downloading and playing of any audio files.
- Check the compatibility of the audio files before purchasing by downloading one of the free downloads.
- All technical matters relating to your computer and audio hardware and software are the responsibility of your hardware or software supplier.
Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
- The Site including all audio downloads, or other content provided by us to you (together “Content”) are all protected by our intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright and trade marks.
- Except as expressly authorised by us, you may not copy, download, adapt, alter, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, communicate or make available to the public or create derivative works of any Content, in whole or in part.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information:
- Personal information is defined as your name, street or e-mail address, phone number, credit card or any other information which, when used by itself or with other data, might identify you individually. This information is only collected from you when you provide it to us voluntarily, when placing an order from us online. Personal information is only collected so that we can contact you should this become necessary in order to complete your transaction with us. We will not collect personal information from you without your knowledge. We may use the personal information that we collect to contact you in the future. We may send emails notifying you of products, significant developments, updates to products you have previously purchased or other information that we believe might be of interest. We will not share your personal information with any other parties or mailing lists.
- Your use of the Website and its products is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we do not guarantee that the Site will be suitable for your purposes and requirements. Nothing in this site or our hypnosis downloads have been audited by regulatory or governmental authorities.
- In making this site available, no medical, client, advisory, fiduciary or professional relationship is implicated or established between us.
- The Content has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice. We use reasonable care in compiling and presenting the Content, but we can give no guarantee that the Content is complete, accurate or up to date.
- We are not liable in any way with regard to the accuracy, completeness or current validity of any information, articles, research studies or products contained in this web site, or in any of the links provided.
- We are not liable in any way for effects, or lack of effects, or any damages of any kind resulting from the use or misuse of the information and content given or the use or misuse of any products described in this site.
- We will not be liable in any way for any damages of any kind with respect to any use of this website, its content, or products.
Dealings with Third Parties and Links
- The Website may provide links to other web sites or resources. As we have no control over such sites and resources, we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, do not endorse and are not liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
- Any dealings by you with any third party on or through the Site shall be solely between you and that third party and, so far as permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may incur as the result of any such dealings.
- We shall not in any event be liable for any content of any such other websites, nor can responsibility be accepted by us for any loss or damage sustained by the user’s actions or as a consequence of any virus transmission, loss of data or damage to your computer system (or any other computer system with which you may interact through your computer system and related peripheral components) which occurs due to your use of such third party websites.
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the site but makes no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the contents or availability of the site or any information or products detailed on the website. Any indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether expressed or implied) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
- Please note that information on these pages and on our products is not a substitute for qualified medical advice and does not replace the advice of your doctor or health professional. We accept no liability for your use of this Website and for the information contained on this website. We cannot be liable for the suitability of our products and the information provided as part of our services, to your particular circumstances nor for any consequences thereof and you acknowledge that usage of any of our products and services is at your own risk. Furthermore, no guarantee can be given of any outcome as a result of your use of any of our products or services. Users of our products take full responsibility for any and all outcomes.
- We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions for any:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- special or indirect losses
- other losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these terms and conditions.
- Notwithstanding the above, our aggregate liability (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for loss or damage shall in any event be limited to £1.00 GBP or a sum equal to the amount paid or payable by you for the product(s) and/or services in respect of one incident or series of incidents attributable to the same clause, whichever is the greater.
- This clause does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Reasonable steps have been taken to protect this Website by anti virus software but all visitors are advised to take all necessary steps to ensure that no virus contamination occurs. No responsibility can be accepted by us for any loss or damage sustained as a consequence of any virus transmission
- We cannot accept any liability for any loss of data or damage to your computer system (or any other computer system with which you may interact through your computer system and related peripheral components) which occurs due to your use of this website, our products or as a result of downloading material from this site.
- By using this Website and any or all of our products or services you are entering into a contract with us, and you agree to the terms and conditions set out here in these Terms and Conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you hereby submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. These terms and conditions together with any document expressly referred to in them contain the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter covered and supersede any previous agreements, arrangements, undertakings or proposals, written or oral, between us in relation to such matters. You confirm that, in agreeing to these terms and conditions, you have not relied on any oral or written representation and you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation) which has not become a term of this agreement.
- These Terms and Conditions represent the complete agreement between you and us and regulate all of your use of any and all of our goods and services (including, but not limited to, websites, training courses, counselling, therapy, scripts, articles, podcasts, CDs, downloads and books) and these terms and conditions replace any previous agreements made between you and us. You may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third party content, or third party software. Our failure to enforce any right or provisions in these Terms and Conditions of service will not constitute a waiver of such provision, or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the other provisions will remain in full force and effect. We will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond our control.
- Please note that the headings used in these Terms and Conditions relating to each clause, element or section are used purely for ease and they do not have any contractual or legal effect of any kind.
- We reserve the right to transfer, assign, novate or sub-contract the benefit of the whole or part of any of its rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related contract to any third party. You may not assign your rights under these terms and conditions.
- If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- No delay or failure by us to exercise any powers, rights or remedies under these terms and conditions will operate as a waiver of them nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers, rights or remedies preclude any other or further exercise of them. Any waiver to be effective must be in writing and signed by an authorised representative of us.
- You agree that in so far as permitted by law, any claim or cause of action, which you may make which arises because of your use of our products or services will be made (in such a way that it is filed to the appropriate courts of jurisdiction as set out in these terms and conditions) within one year of any claim or cause of action arising.
- International Use: You may not access the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or such access is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- For overseas orders the customer is responsible for any and all duties and taxes.
- No product confers any rights of resale.
- We reserve the right to remove or add any product to this site as and when deemed necessary to do so.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the Website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this Website and your continued use of the Website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- You agree that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and that you will continue to keep yourself informed of these terms and conditions.